Data center Virtualization Administrator
Sarv Hami Co. (September 2015 – Present)
Sarv co is a “Cloud Computing” IaaS provider delivering Cloud and enterprise data centers with more than 20 years’ of experience in providing highest quality technical support services possible to the informatics community. Sarv is a major company providing enterprise datacenter solution for Iranian Banks.
► My duties are designing, implementing and supporting IT solutions based on the latest Virtualization, storage and cloud technologies. In fact, provide continuing maintenance of existing project, pro-active management, supervising all activities, as well as leading supportive team in the bank data center.
- Appointed Cloud project administrator, virtualization engineer and co-responsible to ensure high availability, scalability and troubleshoot virtual environment for high performance, online services with more than 500+ virtual servers installed on HP servers across two sites geographically, various related project based on EMC VNX 7600, HP EVA 8400,4400, EMC 5200,5100 & MDS Cisco switches.
- Involved in VMware infrastructure implementation based on vSphere5.5 from the ground up, including vCenter server, Heartbeat, DB, patching, upgrading ESXi and provided support 24 x
- Implemented VMware services including vSphere 5x such as vCenter, Heartbeat, vMotion, svMotion, DRS, DPM, VCSA, vShield as well as VMware clustering. Also, configure and support
vSwitch, dvSwitch, storage issues, Multipath, APD & PDL settings, VM resource allocation, orchestration, as well as provided troubleshooting related issues.
- Experienced and worked on both VMware and 3d-party solution to monitor datacenter environment. Additionally, Setting up, configuring and utilizing VMware vRealize, DCNM, OPManager, Log insight, Hyperic, EMC ESA adapter to detect bottleneck, resolve customer issues and provide pro-active management due to increase uptime of the virtual infrastructure.
- Volunteered research storage concepts including VDL LUN, iSCSI, FC, fast cache, fast VP, replication strategy and improved SAN configureation. Also, performed configuration on EMC VNX and HP.
- Activated disaster recovery solution based on VPLEX, Implemented and configured EMC Recoverpoint. Plus, establish Active-Active datacenter to complete and meet business SLA through setting up VPLEX Metro clustering and CRR replication.
- Fulfilled to design, install and configure VMware SRM for multiple sites, utilizing VR and Recoverpoint and take a test to fail over virtual machines between two data centers.
- Involved in implementation of Docker and understanding of other container technologies, Kubernete orchestration framework and optimized web application based on VMware Photon.
- Enhanced understaning about VMware NSX and vRealize suites and willingness to participate in performing and managing modern virtualization concepts such as SDN or SDDC due to offer solution.
Key achievement: take over leadership of a “Bank Datacenter virtualization project” – Planned and performed migration of 500 VMs from HP EVA 8400 to EMC 7600. Also, designed, and implemented some solutions such as vShield, SRM, vRealize, integrate monitoring tools, setting up NSX demo, use of VPLEX, Recoverpoint, VDL clusters and so on. Additionally, provided disaster recovery solution with Active-Active datacenter implemented by Sarv team for the first time among all Banks in Iran. Personally, involved in migration, replication, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining private cloud and SDDC. Further, hoping to get an opportunity to obtain new attitudes toward SDDC, SDN, Containers and realize practical goals.
IT Senior, Computer Networks and Systems Engineer
Kian Rayaneh IT Co. (March 2009-September 2015)
Kian Co is a private company especially focused on designing and providing Microsoft technologies, Network and Virtualization solutions. Additionally, involved in training and offering Network courses for technicians interested to develop skills in running IT projects.
► Duties include but are not limited to management of network Dept. Advanced to plan, design, perform, support and provide technical and consultative solutions in IT field due to attract and develop network projects along with leading technical team, practical training and simultaneous management of services presented to the customers.
- Classified practical skills and deep understanding to design, starting up, configure Domain directory service as well as maintenance and management of Microsoft infrastructures based on Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012R2 and other network services.
- Designed, installed and administered a broad range of network services including Active Directory, Hyper-V, ISA, SQL, Exchange, Lync server, WSUS, WDS, RODC, DNS, DHCP, VPN, IIS, Terminal services, RDP, DFS, NPS, Site replication, shell scripting, security GPOs, Developed and implemented an upgrade plan for different customers based on Microsoft servers.
- Provided consultation, implemented virtualization infrastructures to configure ESXi, virtual SAN, FC and iSCSI, Clustering HA, virtual switches. Also, installed monitoring, automation, log system for customers based on various hypervisors such as vSphere, Hyper-v or Xen.
- Substantial experience with creation of clusters for HA, FT capabilities in VMware vSphere 4 & 5x. Furthermore, configuration and management of vCenter service, vMotion, svMotion, DRS, DPM, SDRS, vSS & vDS, VMFS, iSCSI/FC/NFS protocols, Multi path, P2V, updating and patching ESXi, along with troubleshooting and monitoring the virtualized data center.
- Experienced in running and configuring virtual desktop infrastructure, virtual App on VMware Horizon and 2X. Also, participated in designing and starting up private cloud (OwnCloud on Linux) for using 7000 students in the university.
- Gained and improved understanding storage concepts, RAID, backup and restore solution of VMs, snapshot, P2V & V2V conversation along with utilizing disaster recovery and replication methods.
- Implemented, developed and monitored network and servers using resource monitoring tools such as system center, ManageEnginem,Solarwinds,Zabbix, vCOPs to ensure optimum network health and service availability .
- Identified and resolved vulnerability points of the network, conducting security tests and utilizing Acunetix, GFI, Wireshark and performed Security solutions such as Firewalls, IPS ,IDS and so on.
- Practice-based familiarity with MikroTik and CISCO (routing, VLAN, firewall, VPN, NAT, PPPoE, Accounting, traffic control and so on), as well as having needed understanding of HP Servers.
- supervised activities of technical team, technical training, influenced IT strategic vision and helped to drive key departmental .
Key achievement: leading technical team, team working, multitasking, planning, providing and performing Network and virtualization fresh solutions for customers along with ability to work creatively in a problem-solving environment.
Network Expert and System Engineer
Sabzevar Electricity Company (October 2004-March 2009)
Sabzevar Electricity Company, a branch of the Electricity Distribution Company in Khorasan province, is a state-run organization executed for providing electricity for home, industrial and commercial customers.
► served as a systems engineer, providing technical support for hardware, software and network. In addition, maintained existing domain, related software and fixed errors and installed essential services.
- performed, managed, administered and maintained domain Active Directory 2003, developed and implemented scripts and policies to automate complex network tasks. Also, planned and upgraded Active Directory from 2003 to 2008 along with migration of related objects.
- Installing, starting up and configuring network services such as DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, Terminal services, as well as setting up and supporting Exchange server .
- Achieved the security needs based on business policies, performed security policies via GPOs and GFI Endpoint. Also, installed and configured firewall ,ISA server, centralized Anti-virus solution namely, Avira Network Bundle & Kaspersky to keep the environment safe and secure.
- Expanded background knowledge in Windows, monitoring and auditing user activities in domain. Offered and implemented monitoring solution due to observe availability, performance of servers and analysis traffic by utilizing Solarwinds, MRTG, System center to resolve bottlenecks.
- Collaborated with other departments to install and deliver required software, including MIS system, ORACLE 10G DB, administrative automation, financial systems, Company-developed software such as electricity counter reading software, digital electricity-counter testing software, publishing electric bills, DOS based subscribers proceeds and other applied software.
- Documented monthly reports of network efficiency to determine if changes were needed, implemented Periodical services for debugging and maintaining network equipment.
Key Projects: Performed and configured as well as lead global network infrastructure in multiple remote sites. Personally, involved in developing, supporting and upgrading Active Directory 2003 to 2008, maintaining network services, MIS system and troubleshooting client systems.
Technical Support and Network Expert
Parastoo Agro-Industrial Complex (September 2002-September2004)
Holding HACCP and ISO 9001 Certificates, Parastoo is one of the most prosperous private companies in agriculture and poultry in Iran, especially focused packaging and selling food products in Iran, also exporting to foreign countries. Computer Dept effectively was involved developing and supporting LAN environment and software systems.
► Provided technical support and assistance to various users by troubleshooting client issues. Furthermore, Installed Active Directory, maintained servers and performed routine backup tasks.
- Participated in network design plan, migrated all the servers and changed the network environment from Novell Netware to Microsoft directory service.
- Installed, configured Active Directory based on windows server 2000, also implemented windows services such as DHCP, DNS, FTP, IIS and remote management.
- Provided user support for specialized application including SQL 2000, Automation, HR-clock, Office 2000-2003, Scripts, NC, NDD and so on based on windows 98, ME, XP.
- Installed and configured DOS 6.2, Foxpro DB and Dos-based application along with performed daily backup and provided operational support for special DB.
- Provided, installed and maintained PCs, servers, switches, cabling and other passive activities.
Key Projects: Installed active and successfully transfer services and change network environment from Netware to Windows. Additionally, deployed windows network services and maintenance.